Friday, November 17, 2006

Wheeee!! I have a blog! So, I've always wondered...how does one start these things? 'Cuz in my mind, it's a little like being a new student and standing in front of 40-odd judgemental teenagers and stammering and stuttering your way through: "Hi, my name is..., and I'm from..., and..." yada yada yada. Or going out with a new group of people, and there's that slightly awkward getting-to-know-you phase where you politely ask a zillion people "And what do you do? Oh, really, how interesting." At least, till everyone gets drunk...then you're instantly best friends! Sigh. If only I could ensure that everyone reading this would be a little tipsy....why is there no setting for that??

Anyway, having caved in to the strong-arming of all my friends who are enamoured of my writing (all 1 of them), I decided it's time to carve my own minuscule niche in cyberland.Do I do the intro thing now? Rank and serial number and all that? Let's see...female, 20-something, lived in all the major metropolises in India and desperately in love with Mumbai (hellooo, how can you not be??), definitely in the wrong line of work (banking vs being Paris Hilton and partying for a living), addicted to Coke and anything chocolate. Fell out of love with the real world a decade ago, so I prefer the one in my mind (you know, where I have Antonio Banderas and George Clooney in my all-male harem. Yes, it's Utopia.). Am probably not as nice as I could be, but not as bitchy as I'd like to be. Will draw on any available surface (sometimes without consent). Write about books, music, poetry, fiction, my own opinions (a LOT about my own opinions).

And that's all folks. Tune in next post for something at least remotely interesting... after all, we're past the getting-to-know-you phase now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeeee!!!ladies and gentlemen...presenting gulu aka namrata and her most entertaining stories!!!I'm happy for ya!:)

Unknown said...

A first timer and a Mumbai lover. Great. You think banking will leave you the time to talk about things? And what does Calcutta have to do with bankig anyway?