Friday, July 3, 2009

Baby Steps

So, we still have a long way to go. And there's bound to be a lot of crap that's going to be heaped on the Delhi High Court by various moral police/religious leaders/major hypocrites. If my pessimism radar is right, there'll be a lot of gay bashings, probably even murders, masquerading as "protests" and "preservers of the Indian way". God knows in the past there have been enough horrific incidents like this.

But still, I can't help feeling proud that the Delhi High Court has legalized consensual gay sex. It's a minuscule step coming after decades of hypocrisy, conformity, ignorance and misrepresentation of homosexuality. I, for one, have never understood why people made such a hullabaloo about bedroom matters anyway...it gives me the heebie-jeebies thinking that the Government has a say in the manner that citizens conduct their sex lives.

Yeah, it's a tiny step. But it's there nonetheless.

Although I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that B'bay hasn't come out of the closet yet. At least legally.

No comments: