Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whew!

Final check-up with the doctor today, whereupon it was deemed that I've made a full and final, if miraculously quick, recovery. He pronounced himself reasonably baffled by the fact that it's taken my lungs 2 weeks to clear, when it takes healthier people about 6 weeks, apparently. Me? I'm not questioning why or how, I'm just grateful that I can get back to normal life! Bring on the parties! Well, okay, after Ramadan, since all the clubs will open only post-Eid.

Although I have to admit, it's just a little bone-chillingly terrifying to have an esteemed doctor tell you, and I quote: "I was worried about you when we first admitted you...we didn't think you were going to make it. We rated your survival chances quite low, actually." Yeah, this basically echoed what the head nurse told me when I was leaving the hospital (to which my response was stupefied, silent blinking), but still - it isn't less scary the second time around.

Typical me, though. Figures I'd have a near-death experience and be too spaced out to realize it.
But! I can drink Coke again! Not 6 cans a day, as per the norm, but still! Coke!
In the immortal words of Ren and Stimpy: Happy, happy, joy, joy!

2 comments:

Standy said...

LOOL!!! most important thing huh...

i am so happy you are ok adn feeling better.. you missed the gathering yesterday..

i missed you..

Unknown said...

hello, good to see you back! you gave us all a real scare... take care and enjoy the coke :)