Monday, January 10, 2011

Apparently I Was One Of Those Angsty Teenagers


My God, I could not be a BIGGER cliche. How disappointing. Looking through my old stories (Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger fanfiction, how I miss thee), I came across a poem I had written at the ripe old age of 19. It positively drips with love scorned and world-weariness. Sheesh. How pretentious we are at that age, how we think we know EVERYTHING and have been through EVERYTHING and NO!ONE!UNDERSTANDS! I'm quite embarrassed by it, actually!

Of course, chances are I'm going to stumble across this blog post in 10 years' time and think the same thing :)

For anyone who cares, here's the melodramatic goodness:

Waiting and hoping,
Watching and praying;
Replaying the words
Of the rubbish you were saying
To make me forgive you,
To make the lies true;
To make me forget
My trust in you.
Mumbling and cursing,
Smiling and rehearsing
My most genuine fake smile
To keep your lips from pursing
At how childish I'm being;
How naive I am for not seeing
Through the half-truths you told me
To keep me from leaving
When I could have walked without getting hurt;
When I could have left without feeling like dirt:
Walked all over by you
Like I'm not even worth
A proper kiss,
Or a promise you'll miss
All that we had
All eternity, then this:
Nothing.

1 comment:

Standy said...

indded your poem sounded liek a teenager =)


but its cool ;)
i liek it =D