Monday, March 22, 2010

Material Girl

I am currently on the ecstatic side of the mood spectrum (which generally means that either my wallet, or someone else's, is now CONSIDERABLY lighter).
That would be due to these gifts/purchases/sheer indulgences:



Strappy silver sinfully sexy 4-inch stiletto heels. Pretty, yes?

Also strappy pink-and-burgundy (they look a LOT better than they sound) stilettos (TRUST me when I say they’re worth the future varicose veins!)

The box set of Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris (the books on which the True Blood series is based…I can’t WAIT to read them all cover to cover)
The Vampyre and Other Tales of the Macabre by John Polidori (the first vampire story ever written! Eeee! Also, bit of trivia: did you know John Polidori was Lord Byron’s personal physician, and based his story on his travels with Byron?)

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (the final installment of her Mortal Instruments trilogy about the Nephilim…I have actually read this before, in PDF format, but that can’t ever compare to the sheer joy of curling up in bed with a little Three Doors Down playing in the background, chugging Coke and poring over the angsty angelic-demonic goodness that is Jace Wayland, page by page).

Also, a friend (who is now my very best friend in the universe for all eternity, sorry N.M.) got me a six-pack of Thums Up! For the uninitiated, Thums Up is the Indian offshoot of Coke, but slightly less sweet and MUCH fizzier. Also, when I burp, it comes out my nose!

Oh happy happy joy joy! I feel like jumping up and kicking my heels in the air! But my stilettos don’t permit that…