Monday, March 29, 2010

The results of boredom at work


Oh the pain, oh the woe!
Oh the sprain in my little big toe!
Oh that I must wear such heels!
Oh that style matters more than how it feels!

But truth be told it is my choice:
For sensible shoes are not so nice;
So my shoes are pretty and dainty and jewel laden -
And stab me more than an iron maiden!

Oh that I choose to eschew
Ugly, but comfortable, flat-heeled shoes;
Ah, that beauteous straps and laces adorn
Shoes that are leaving me bleeding and torn.

So my beautiful and deadly stilettos
Are forcing me to walk on my tippy-toes,
And adding to my strained arch’s woes:
So the price of beauty goes.


Alright, so I'll never be Dr. Seuss, but it helped pass the time...well, the 5 minutes it took me to come up with that.


Now I'm bored again!

3 comments:

Standy said...

loooool.. i love it..

Anonymous said...

Here from MM's blog - love it...real fun and so true..my poor feet 2!

Namrata said...

standy: ah my wife, where have you been?!

dropzofjupiter: welcome...and you're a poet and you don't know it :)